Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I know ... I haven't put up any pictures from Ride Makerz yet .. keep getting an error, I'm working on it though! Stay tuned.

Here's a little story about today though. 3 weeks ago I scheduled a dentist appointment for Jadyn and Jordan. Almost every day I'd read them "Dora the Explorer goes to the Dentist". I thought I had them all excited to go, telling Jadyn she was the big sister and she was going to show Jordan how fun it was. Boy .. was I wrong! Ryan and I walked into the dentist office, Jordan ran right to the toys and Jadyn held my hand with a death grip.

Finally, they called Jadyn's name. I could tell right away this was going to be an adventure. Jadyn's grip got tighter and she just stared at me. The dental assistant tried to pry her off of me to give her x-rays. (Hello! This is her first dentist trip .. of all the parents I've talked to, x-rays were never done on the first trip!) I knew this wasn't going to work. I could also tell the assistant had ZERO patience! We tried Jordan, but once he saw Jadyn freak out, he was just as scared .. literally scared the &%$# right out of him.

So here we are with poopy pants and a terrified little girl. They were both traumatized! Needless to say, the assistant suggested we take them to a Pediatric dentist. I guess my "fun trip to the dentist" plan didn't work out too well!

4 comments:

  1. Didn't your dentist know how old your kids were when you made the appointment? That is just crazy! Ha. It reminds me of that show on TLC (Jon and Kate Plus Eight???) where they took their zillions of kids to the dentist... Ha! I don't envy you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so mad at the dentist. They knew it was their first trip. And I'm assuming that since I had to fill out all the paperwork and write their b-day and age like a million times, they'd know how old they were! It was an experience that's for sure! I had an appt. today at 4 there, and I cancelled it, I don't like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, the first trip to the dentist! I remember Kent's first trip, which went well, it was the second trip that was a nightmare! I had to bring him in for two decay "spots" to be filled. The process was, I couldn't give him anything to eat or drink in the morning, so already the poor kid had been liquid deprived and starved! They made him drink a liquid drug, that made him lose control of his balance and maintaining any chance to walk. It also made him VERY annoyed and I think scared. I was instructed to hold him tight and rock him for 20 min. in a small private room, to let the medicine do its job. It was sad to see him so drugged. His eyes were so dialated, it was bad, but apparently, normal effect from the drug. They then took him away to the back room, w/out me, gave him the happy gas, and completed the job, no problem. After he was done I had to carry him out, this kid couldn't walk after all of that mess! I did have to set him down for a second to pay, and he wobbles over to the play area, and tripped over the "tooth" seat! That was actually very funny! He acted like a little drunk man! The whole situation exhasted me and the kid. Don't want to go through that again! So when I take Samantha to her first dentist appointment, lets hope it will go smoother....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha haa! That is funny about the pants, but I feel for you too! That must have been awful! Usually with my kids we have a meet the dentist appointment where they just get to play with the chair going up and down, watch tv on the ceiling, and the dentist "counts" their teeth. I never take my kids to the dentist until they are about 4 anyway. They are too freaked out before that. I think it is crazy all those commercials and ads you see that says you should take a baby to the dentist when they get their first tooth. That is so dumb and I don't know any dentist that will see a baby! I've asked lots of times. They always tell me about 4 years old is just fine. Good luck on finding a dentist. They are really hard to find a good one. I know cause ours right now is OK, but he has about the personality of a shoe. Sorry Mr. Dentist if you by happen to ever read this, but really, you do. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete